To best serve our charity customers, GoFundMe Charity is uniting with GoFundMe.com to bring personal and charity fundraising together under GoFundMe.com. This new experience will make it easier for our community of donors and fundraisers to discover and support their favorite charities, while allowing charities to seamlessly connect with GoFundMe’s vast audience.
As a result, GoFundMe Charity will stop online fundraising on September 30, 2021. Our team will be ready and available to support our community’s active fundraising up to that date and to assist with anything beyond then that could make the transition to GoFundMe.com as smooth as possible.
Over 50,000 charities have already used the existing fundraising tools on GoFundMe.com. More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than any other platform because of our community of donors, simple campaign creation flow, and world-class trust and safety department.
Click here to see a sneak peek of the new charity experience on GoFundMe.com and sign up to get updates.
- March 31, 2021 - Last day that GoFundMe Charity supports third-party integrations
- June 30, 2021 - Last day sign up or create a new campaign
- July 31, 2021 - Last day to join an existing fundraising team
- September 30, 2021 - Last day to accept donations online via GoFundMe Charity campaigns and donate buttons. Last day for recurring donations to process.
- December 31, 2021 - Last day to access GoFundMe Charity accounts and campaigns. Be sure to export important GoFundMe Charity donor and fundraiser data and content before then! Learn how to download data here.
Will my GoFundMe Charity campaigns transfer to GoFundMe?
GoFundMe Charity campaigns will not be transferred automatically to GoFundMe.com, however, charities and organizers are welcome to recreate any ongoing fundraisers in order to continue raising money on GoFundMe.com.
Tips for transitioning to GoFundMe.com:
- Save any assets that may be needed for future campaigns of any kind. For example: campaign images, stories, and updates.
- Download all donor and fundraiser data from GoFundMe Charity. Learn how to download data here.
What are the fees on GoFundMe.com?
Like the free pricing model on GoFundMe Charity, GoFundMe.com has a 0% platform fee, so it's free for organizers and charities to start fundraisers. View all the pricing details for GoFundMe.com here.
How do I get started on GoFundMe.com?
To create a fundraiser on GoFundMe.com, first sign up here: gofundme.com/sign-up, and we’ll guide you through the steps to create your fundraiser.
To raise money for a US 501(c)(3) public charity or a Canadian registered charity, select nonprofit or charity when asked who you’re fundraising for. This option allows PayPal Giving Fund to process and payout donations to the charity, and they will automatically issue tax receipts to eligible donors.
For all other organization types, please select Yourself or someone else instead. This option will allow direct payouts to an organization’s bank account, but GoFundMe will not send tax receipts to donors on the organization’s behalf.
What features does GoFundMe.com offer?
On GoFundMe.com you’ll be able to...
- Raise money for charities in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, and Australia (as well as individuals and businesses).
- Start unlimited fundraisers.
- Take advantage of the 0% platform fee.
US 501(c)3 public charities and Canadian registered charities:
- Donations are made to PayPal Giving Fund and then granted to the charity selected on GoFundMe (more information about PayPal Giving Fund's policies).
- Donors automatically receive tax receipts from PayPal Giving Fund.
- Charities that are enrolled in PayPal Giving Fund can export donor data through their PayPal Giving Fund accounts.
All other types of organizations:
- Donors will not receive tax receipts through GoFundMe, but charities are welcome to issue tax receipts to donors outside of GoFundMe, if they are eligible.
- Donor names and donation amounts for all donors are shown in the GoFundMe dashboard but not exportable.
What will happen to active fundraising minimums?
The deadline for adding new fundraising minimums is June 1, 2021.
Existing and new fundraising minimums can be extended to the deadline of September 30, 2021, at the latest.
What will happen to recurring donations?
All active recurring gift plans will be canceled after September 30, 2021. Payments scheduled to process on September 30 will be charged, but payments scheduled for October 1 and beyond will be canceled automatically.
What will happen to integrations with GoFundMe Charity?
GoFundMe Charity ended support for third-party integrations and our public API after March 31, 2021.
For more information about which integrations were affected and recommendations for proceeding, please see this article: End Date for Integrations and Public API