For organizations that want to update the email on their WePay account. This usually occurs if someone transitions out of the role of account administrator.
If you have access to the WePay account
If you would like to change the account from the current administrator to a new one, and your current WePay administrator has access to the account, they can follow these steps:
1. Log into WePay - https://www.wepay.com/login
2. Click Security on the left
3. Click Edit next to your email address
4. Enter the email address of the new account holder and click Update
Just a heads up, a password reset link will be sent to the new recipient’s email address so they’ll be able to log in to WePay. Once logged in, a brief verification process will need to be completed.
If you DO NOT have access to the WePay account
If the WePay account is no longer accessible, please reach out to us with the following information:
- Full Name of new account holder:
- Email address of new account holder:
- Website or business card that shows role/relationship to the charity
- New account holder's driver's license or government ID (entire card must be pictured)
We recommend that you use a general email moving forward, like firstname.lastname@example.org to be best prepared for future administrator turn over.