If you've raised funds through PayPal Giving Fund and would like to speed up withdrawal timelines, but have had trouble enrolling, please keep reading.
Check your Business Account Account Setup List
- If you do not have a business account, learn how to set up one under the enrolling in PayPal Giving Fund section of this article.
- After you've signed into your PayPal Business account, check the following view to see what needs to be done to complete enrollment. Click here to view your task list.
Check your Business Type
Some organizations have trouble if they did not set up their Business Type correct as a charity, which will block you later in the process. If this is the case, please follow these steps:
1. After you're signed into the PayPal account, click this link: https://www.paypal.com/businessprofile/settings/info/edit
2. Then click Edit, which appears to the right of 'Add your logo' - here's a screenshot of where it is exactly
3. From there, select Non-profit organization for your Business Type and then enter Charitable and Social Service Organizations when asked what kinds of products or services you sell.
4. Save your changes
Wait a bit longer
PayPal's website says that they'll reply by email within 3 days to follow up on your charity confirmation process after you submit documents and information, but their charity review process has been a bit delayed recently. It could take 7-10 days for PayPal to finish reviewing your charity application.
Check your Resolution Center
To identify what outstanding documents or information you may need to provide to PayPal to finish confirming the charity’s status, please follow these steps to get to your PayPal Resolution Center:
- Sign into your PayPal account directly by clicking here: https://www.paypal.com/signin
- Click Help in the top right corner of your screen
- Once the Help menu populates on the right side of the screen, click the 'Resolution Center' icon at the bottom right.
If the steps above did not help you, please follow along with this step by step guide to complete enrollment.
In addition, if you have any questions or trouble with the enrollment process, you can contact PayPal Giving Fund directly by clicking here. You will want to specify that your request is for PayPal Giving Fund or for a charity. From there, they can direct you to the service team that can assist you.