If your organization has raised funds on our site, but has not received the money, this article can help you figure out what needs to happen next to receive the funds.
If you raised funds for a charity on GoFundMe Charity
If you raised funds for an organization on our site and selected them as your beneficiary, the funds will be sent to them automatically in due time depending on their payment account being set up on our site. You do not have to do ANYTHING to send them the funds.
- If you added them as a beneficiary and they have never signed up with us, it will take 3-5 months for a check to be sent to their address on file with the IRS.
- If you added them as a beneficiary and they signed up with us, it depends on what payment processor they selected and the withdrawal frequency they selected. We cannot share this information with you, but your organization can sign into their account and look at their Payout tab, found under their Account Settings to learn more.
If you're a charity administrator on GoFundMe Charity
If you have already claimed your organization and have been verified by our team, then you currently have a Charity Administrator account and have control over payouts. If you're not sure, read this article to figure out what kind of account you have.
GoFundMe Charity does not hold onto funds. All funds are processed outside of GoFundMe Charity to one of the following payment processors:
- The PayPal Giving Fund - Default payment processor. All funds are processed here until you manually switch to WePay
- WePay Account - You have to have claimed your account and manually switched to this WePay to receive payouts through them
The PayPal Giving Fund is the default payment processor, so any online donations received before the switch to WePay are held in the PayPal Giving Fund account.
Because the PayPal Giving Fund, is a donor advised fund, PayPal can send money to any organization whether or not the organization has agreed to use them. This means a supporter for your organization can raise money on your behalf without you ever having to sign up with GoFundMe Charity or set up payouts.
How to receive funds from the PayPal Giving Fund
Wait 3-5 months from the time of the first donation for them to send you a check to the address on file with the IRS
- Or, check out the bottom of this article to learn how to enroll to receive funds from them at the end of the month. Keep in mind, that this date can change depending on when you enroll. Learn about timelines here.
Missing funds with WePay
If you are missing funds and you have WePay as your payment processor, your funds were very likely processed by the PayPal Giving Fund.
You can tell by downloading your Successful Donations data under the Transactions Report and looking at the Deposit Batch ID column.
Reasons there might be a "0" under the Deposit Batch ID column next to some of your donations:
- Funds were processed by PayPal
- Donation was an offline donation and will not be processed by any provider.
- Your WePay frequency is set to weekly or monthly and the next batch hasn't gone out, so they haven't gotten a Deposit Batch ID yet.
WePay cannot process funds that were already processed through the PayPal Giving Fund, so you will need to enroll with the PayPal Giving Fund to receive these remaining funds.