In this article we’ve provided an overview of how to access and manage donations given on GoFundMe Charity. The Revenue Center and Transaction Management gives you control over your donations.
Transaction management offers a comprehensive list and records of all transactions benefitting your organization. You can now search, locate and view transactions (outside of the Report Center), and can manage these transactions on behalf of your supporters.
Actions you can take in Transaction Management
- Change donor names
- Make donations anonymous
- Update/add donation comments
- Refund donors
- Message donors
- Resend receipts
- Refund a Transaction
Refund a transaction
Unless a transaction is 'Settled' or 'Charged back', you'll have the ability to initiate a refund.
The entire amount of the transaction, including any fees/tip provided by the donor, will be refunded once the charity clicks "Confirm refund" button. Please note that neither the fee nor the tip are included in the amount shown in the $ field or on the button.
Unless a transaction is Settled or Charged back, you'll have the ability to update any/all donation preferences which may have been provided by the donor during a direct or campaign donation.
- Display name - name provided by the donor when making their donation
- Anonymous - if yes, donor shows as Anonymous on donor scroll. If no, donor display name shows.
- Donor comment - comment donor left at time of donation.
- One-time donation - standard donation, either direct-to-charity (from charity profile or donate button) or via a campaign page
- Recurring donation - single donation attached to a recurring gift plan
- Registration donation - Donation made within the registration flow
- Ticket - paid ticket or free ticket purchased through the buyer flow
- Successful - Transaction was successfully processed
- Settled - Transaction has been paid out to charity and/or no further action can be taken
- Refunded - Refund has been initiated (but not necessarily received by the donor)
- Charged back - Donor requested a charge back for donation (no further action can be taken)
- Campaign - donation was made through a campaign page
- Direct - donation was made either through a charity profile page or a Donate Button
- Event - Donation/purchase made through a registration and ticketing campaign
With the Revenue Center you’ll easily be able to view a list of recurring gift plans benefitting your nonprofit; interact with a detailed record view of each recurring gift plan; manage each recurring gift plan by updating the recurring gift amount, modify how transaction fees are covered, change future charge dates, or disabling the plan; and directly message each donor!
Let’s take a closer look at each of these actions.
View detailed information on a recurring gift plan
When you first navigate to the Revenue Center, you’ll notice a list of recurring donations showing as active, disabled, or cancelled.
Active: Recurring donations are still charging each month
Disabled: Will display after the charity administrator puts a recurring donation on hold
Cancelled: Recurring donation is permanently stopped and the donor will need to give again, if they would like to establish a new monthly donation amount.
You’ll also be able to see if these donations were given directly to your charity through your charity profile, or from a campaign you’re hosting on our site.
If you see the symbol above under the Type column, it means that the donation is on a recurring plan. At this time, all donations displayed in the Revenue Center are recurring.
To find out more information on a singular donor, please click on their subscription.
Manage recurring donations
The best part of the new Revenue Center is you can now support your loyal donors with the power to manage their contributions at a click of a button. Not only can you view more detailed information like the email address and payment information, you can also decrease the amount they gave or disable their donation altogether.
To manage the recurring donation, please follow the steps below:
- Click on Revenue Center
- Click on the donation that you would like to adjust the amount on
- Click Manage
- You can lower the donation amount or disable the recurring gift plan
How to message a donor from the Revenue Center
If you need more information from your donor or want to get in contact with them to build loyalty, we have included an easy messaging feature to allow you to reach out directly from GoFundMe Charity.
To message your donor from the Revenue Center, please do the following:
- Click on Revenue at the top of your account
- Find the donor you’d like to contact and click on their donation
- Click the green Message button