The GoFundMe Charity Donate Button makes it easy to collect donations for your cause through your own website. All it takes is a few clicks.
With the donate button, you can:
- Get more to your cause. No subscription fees and an industry-leading payment processing fee of just 1.9%+$ .30.
- Make your donors feel at home. Design your Donate Button with your organization’s own logo, colors, and content - no coding skills necessary.
- Get up and running fast. It’s so simple to set up, and we provide copy-and-paste button code for any web site so you can start collecting donations instantly.
How to Get Started
Check out our available payment processors before you get started to make sure you’re using the best option for your needs.
Pro tip: you’ll most likely want to enroll with PayPal Giving Fund or switch to WePay to ensure the fastest, easiest access to your funds.
Sign into your GoFundMe Charity account. After you’ve completed your payment processing setup, follow these steps to get to the right place:
- Click your profile menu on the top right hand side of your screen
- Click Account
- Click Donate Button
- Click Create donate button to start customizing
If your website uses WordPress, you can also create a donate button on your site using this WordPress plugin.
Customizing your donate button
Our flexible tool gives you control of both your button’s design and donor experience, with live previews in your preview pane so it’s easy to see how you’re doing in real time.
Donate Button Details
- Button Name (required): title this donate button. This isn’t displayed anywhere that donors can see it, it’s only to help organize things behind-the-scenes.
- Button Text: the call-to-action words displayed on your button.
- Logo: add your organization’s logo to ensure your donors feel safe and secure!
- Theme Color: select your organization’s brand colors for buttons and navigation bars.
Donate Form Step 1: Donation Options
This is the first page your donors will see after clicking the button on your web site.
- Headline: large text across the top of the form.
- Donation Frequency: choose what options to give your donors: one-time donation only, recurring monthly donations, or both.
- One-Time Donation Values: the preset amounts available to choose from when a donor has opted to make a one-time donation (they can always type in their own amount by clicking CUSTOM)
- Recurring Donation Values: the preset amounts available to choose from when a donor has opted to make a monthly recurring donation
- Donor Comments: choose whether or not donors can include a comment with their donation (enabled by default). These comments are not displayed anywhere online, but are available to you in your report center.
Donate Form Step 2: Donor Details
This page is where donors enter their name and email after selecting their amount.
- Headline: large text across the top of the form.
- Anonymous Donations: choose whether or not to allow anonymous donations (enabled by default). Donors will never be anonymous to you as the administrator; this is only for display purposes.
Donate Form Step 3: Payment
This is the page where donors enter their credit card information to complete payment.
- Headline: large text across the top of the form
Donation Confirmation Page
If you’d like to direct donors to a specific page after they complete their contribution, enter the URL here. If left blank, donors will temporarily see a custom confirmation page (matching the branding you set up earlier in the process) before being redirected back to the original page on your site that they clicked from.
Finalizing your donate button
Once you're done, click Create to save the button. Now you’re ready to add it to your website.
You have two options for this:
- Copy and paste the full HTML code provided to add the button to your website.
Choose this option if you don’t currently have a donate button, or if you want to replace the button you already have.
Choosing this option, the code you’ll copy looks like this:
<a id='gfm-charity-donate-link' style='background-color:#03866d; color: white; border-radius: 4px; padding: 12px 24px; display: inline-block; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: middle; font-size: 16px; font-family: Open Sans,sans-serif; line-height: 24px' role='button' href='https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/donate-widget/15691'>Donate</a>
- Copy the URL only to replace in the code for your existing donate button.
Choose this option if you like the design of the button you already have on your web site, you just want it to point to GoFundMe Charity instead of your current provider.
Choosing this option, you’ll need to copy just this line from the code provided (we’ve bolded it in the example above so it’s easy for you to find):
Pro-tip: You can also use the above URL by itself as a quick, easy way to collect donations! Use it to share in social media posts, digital bios, or link to it behind any other button or navigation item on your website.
GoFundMe Charity currently does not offer a goal tracker widget for your website. We recommend uploading a thermometer widget from this site, along with our donate button if you would like to display your progress on your own charity web page.