With the new GoFundMe Charity Donate Button, it's super simple to collect donations for your cause through your own website with only a couple of clicks.
With the donate button, you can:
- Save money with no subscription or platform fees and industry-leading 1.9%+$.30 transaction fees.
- Copy and paste the button code to any website and start collecting donations instantly.
- Brand with your organization's colors logo and content.
- See your customizations in real-time with our live preview editor - no design skills or coding required.
Creating a donate button
- Sign into your GoFundMe Charity account
- Click your profile menu on the top right hand side of your screen
- Click Account
- Click Donate Button
- Click Create donate button to start customizing
- Click Create to grab the text that you can use to embed in your website
If your website uses WordPress, you can also create a donate button on your site using the WordPress plugin.
Customizing your donate button
Start by filling out your donate button details, including the name (just for your reference if you create other buttons), button text, your organization’s logo, and your color theme. If you're acting as an individual rather than a charity, you'll also need to select the beneficiary charity, which will receive the donations from your button.
Next, you will begin customizing the experience your customers will go for after they click Donate on your site. You can select whether you want your donors give monthly, one time, or both, as well as how much you recommend they give.
If you're using a computer to customize your button, you'll be able to see a live preview of every change in the window on the right.
In the Donor Details form, you can adjust whether individuals can give anonymously, and you can edit the text for the donor information and payment flows.
Finally, you can wrap up the experience with a custom confirmation button that returns donors to your website or any other URL. Leave it blank if you prefer to use our default confirmation page.
Once you're done, click Create to save the button, and then click Copy Donate Button Code to copy the html code you'll use to embed the button on your website.
Tip: You can also use button URL by itself as a quick easy way to collect donations! The URL looks like this (with your unique button number at the end), and you can share it social media posts, in social media bios, or link to it behind a button or navigation item on your website: