You have the option to choose between using WePay or PayPal Giving Fund as your organization’s payment processor. All accounts are defaulted to use PayPal Giving Fund, but you can switch from PayPal Giving Fund to WePay within your organization’s admin account.
Switch from PayPal Giving Fund to WePay
To make that switch, you will first need to claim your nonprofit account and complete your pin verification. Once that's been taken care of, or, if you've already claimed your nonprofit account, then you can follow these quick steps to switch to WePay:
1. Sign in to your GoFundMe Charity account at https://charity.gofundme.com/signin.
2. From the menu in the top right, select Account > Payouts
3. Select Switch to WePay under WePay.
4. Follow the prompts to set up an account and add your information.
Follow the prompts from there and you'll be all set. Note that you will be redirected to WePay to complete setup.
- Moving to WePay costs nothing, and pricing/ fees are the same for both payment processors.
- If you switch over to WePay, you’ll have the opportunity to request the funds on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. You can manage withdrawal frequency by signing into your WePay account.
Please keep in mind that donations made before switching to WePay will still be processed and paid out through PayPal Giving Fund.
Switch from WePay to PayPal Giving Fund
If you would like to switch your payment processor back to PayPal Giving fund, please contact our support team directly so we can take care of that for you on our end.
Please keep in mind that donations made before switching to PayPal Giving Fund will still need to be processed through WePay.