Add dollars raised offline to your campaign to show the total impact of your fundraising efforts
The Offline Donation tool can be used to attribute donations that were made to your campaign and/or specific fundraisers outside of GoFundMe Charity. Types of donations often made offline are sponsorships or corporate matches.
How to add offline donations
1. Click the three vertical dots and select "Manage Campaign".
2. From your Manage Campaign view, click the “Add Offline Donation” button.
Note: the Offline Donation will be automatically credited to your team organizer (if you have a standard fundraising campaign) OR the General Donations team (if you have a multi-team campaign).
3. Enter the Donor Display name, Amount and any notes (such as check number).
4. Click the “+” sign to continue adding donations, otherwise, click “Save”
How To Add Offline Donations to a Specific Team/Fundraiser
1. Within your Manage Campaign view, scroll down to your Activity Feed and select “Teams” or “Fundraisers.”
2. Click on a team or fundraiser and select Offline Donations from the top bar:
3. If adding a donation to a Team, the donation will be defaulted to credit that team’s organizer.
4. To assign to a specific individual fundraiser, click the “Fundraisers” tab and select the individual, then click “Offline Donations.”
5. Click Save, and you’re done! These donations will contribute to the overall campaign/team/fundraiser’s goal.
How to turn off offline donations for your teams
If you have enabled multiple teams as a part of your campaign, you have the ability to determine whether teams and fundraisers can add offline donations themselves.
To access this toggle, click on the Multiple Teams card in your Campaign Editor and then click on the Settings tab.
How to remove an offline donation
1. Click on the offline donation you would like removed
2. Click the trash can icon on the right-hand side
3. Click "Delete"
Please note: If you added an offline donation to a team member, you won't have the ability to remove it on your end. Please reach out to our support team directly so we can help remove that for you.
How to view all offline donation notes in the report center
In order to view any comments connected to the offline donations that you add to your campaign, you will need to customize a report using the Explore feature.
1. Locate your Successful Donations Report under the Transactions Report
2. Click the three verticle dots to the right of the report
3. Explore from Here from the dropdown
4. Seach Offline Notation Notes using the search bar on the far left and click the plus sign to the right of the drop-down to add it to the report
5. Click the purple Run button on the top right
6. After it loads, click the gear icon on the top right and then click "Download."
7. Change the selection in the pop up to say, "As displayed in the data table, Formatted, and All Results."
8. Click "Download."
Offline donation tips
- Add notes for offline donations to keep track of your records. These notes will appear in your Donation Report in your Report Center.
- After publishing your campaign from your campaign manager, but before launching your campaign, add any donations that you’ve received outside of GoFundMe, so that your page doesn’t show $0 when you send it out for the first time.