Thanking your donors fosters a connection between your organization and those who support it. It also shows that you’re responsive, grateful, and invested in their support.
Whether your campaign is still live or has come to an end, it’s a good idea to thank your donors early and often. Research shows that first time donors who receive a thank you within 48 hours are 400x more likely to give again in the future.
Using the Thanking Donors tool allows you to send off a quick “Thank-you” message just seconds after a donation is made.
How to thank your donors
- Hover over your campaign tile in your Campaign Manager and select the “Manage” icon
- From your Manage Campaign view, scroll down to your Activity Feed
- Click on the donation for which you want to thank
- A window will appear where you can write your thank-you message
- Once your message is complete, select “Send Message.” A preview of your message will appear above the message body
- Your donor recipient will then receive your message as an email
Tips for thanking donors
- Using the Thanking Donors tool along with sending a more formal thank-you, such as an email or physical letter, may help to connect with your donors at different times and emphasize your gratitude for their support.
- You can customize the Thank You tool template in the Email Manager.
- If you can make it tangible, that's even better. For example, "Your donation of $25 will provide meals to 4 needy children."
- You can pair your “Thank You” notes with an update using the campaign update tool and let your supporters know that they are a part of it all. For example, "We're halfway to our goal of raising $2000 because of your generosity and support."