Supported organizations on GoFundMe.com
GoFundMe.com supports charity fundraising for organizations registered in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Canada:
- United States: 501(c)(3) public charities only
- Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom: registered charities only
Here are some other common types of organizations which are not eligible for charity fundraising on GoFundMe.com. If one of these describes your organization, we recommend using personal fundraising on GoFundMe.com instead:
- US charities with other designations, such as 501(c)(3) private foundations and 501(c)(4) organizations.
- US businesses which have an EIN but not federal nonprofit status *
- Organizations whose federal nonprofit status is pending
- Canadian nonprofit organizations which are not registered charities *
My organization is eligible but isn't listed on GoFundMe
You can add your charity to GoFundMe by following the applicable steps found in this article for the country where your organization is registered.
Your charity will appear on GoFundMe.com a day or two after enrollment is complete.