If you've raised no money and have no team members, you can delete your page by following these steps.
- Hover over the campaign you’d like to delete in the Campaign Manager view and click the trash can icon in the upper right corner of the campaign card
- Click Delete to confirm
Disable the donate button
If your campaign has raised funds, or you have team members, you will not be able to remove the campaign, but you can disable your donate button.
- Hover over the campaign in the Campaign Manager view and click the Edit icon
- Click on the Edit button
- In the Campaign Editor, click the Settings tab, then toggle the Disable Donate Button. If you do not see it, it means you are not authorized to disable the donate button and will need to contact the head campaign organizer.
- Choose if you’d like to remove the donate button now, or set it to be removed on a future date
- Click Save to confirm
- If you set a future date for the button to disable, it will turn off at 12:00am PT after the date has passed.
Note: If you are a campaign organizer, removing your Donate button will also remove the Donate button for any fundraisers who have joined your campaign. Additionally, if your campaign is part of a larger event hosted on GoFundMe Charity, such as a marathon or Challenge, you will not control the Donate button and we will not be able to remove it for you until the head organizer removes it themselves.
Notify your followers
You may leave your Donate button on, but indicate that the campaign is over by following these steps to include that update in your Story text:
- In the Campaign Editor, click the Content tab
- Scroll to the Story section
- Edit your campaign’s Story in the space provided
Important: If you are ending an old campaign to continue raising funds with a more current campaign, you can provide the URL to the new campaign in the old campaign’s Story section.
Post a campaign update
Similar to editing your campaign Story, you may also send a Campaign Update to all donors on your campaign to inform them that you are ending the campaign.
- From your Campaign Manage view, locate the Campaign Update section
- Craft your message, including a title, in the space provided
- Click Preview to confirm that everything looks correct
- Click Publish when you're ready to send your message to all of your donors via email