The Email Manager allows nonprofits to customize the emails that are sent from GofundMe Charity when your supporters take specific actions on the site.
Reasons to customize your campaign emails
- Share your organization’s unique message Customizing emails allows your organization’s specific brand and voice to carry across your GoFundMe Charity campaigns in a uniform, professional way. By keeping your organization’s theme and tone consistent, you build trust and strengthen relationships with your supporters.
- Include campaign-specific messaging Emails can be customized from campaign-to-campaign. Depending on the subject or call-to-action of any given campaign, you are able to tailor the content of the email to make the strongest impact with your constituents.
- Set and forget Once you customize your emails for a campaign, no further action needs to be taken to ensure they reach your supporters. With our variable tag system, customizing emails is a hands-off, easy way to garner support and encourage more fundraising and more engagement on your campaign.
How to customize your campaign emails
- Sign into your account
- Click the Campaigns tab and then click the “Email” icon on your campaign
- Choose the email you would like to customize
- Save your changes
- Then use the “Send Test Email” tab to see what it will look like from your receiver’s end!
Add your message using the Content tab
Configurable fields are located on the left sidebar. These fields vary by email and campaign type (e.g if your campaign has multiple teams enabled). You can see the changes you make in real time on the right hand side of the screen.
Some emails utilize “Tags” as part of the Message Body. Tags act as merge fields to personalize each auto email to your supporters. Tags available to each email vary based on your campaign type and whether or not you’ve enabled Multiple Teams.
Add your social media using the Design tab
Social Media Links
Include your organization’s Social Media accounts to link directly at the bottom of the emails. Click the “+” sign to add, toggle on/off or rearrange social media accounts. All added account icons display at the bottom of your emails.
Send a test email
Send a Test Email to preview your message and determine how your changes look in an actual email. If you’ve included tags in your message, default tag values will populate in your test.